In 1994, COMedia Ltd. has developed a PIR controller chip, KC778B, by using advance Analog Gate Array design. The design minimizes the external component such that the product can be small and reliable. During the years, the KC778B has been applied for various applications all over the world. COMedia has also developed some standard modules to facilitate simple application.
- Available in 20 pin SOIC,
- Minimize external component count and board layout space.
- High sensitivity PIR input with special noise cancellation circuitry.
- Adjustable PIR sensitivity.
- Built-in bandpass filter improves reliability by minimizing sensitivity to external component values
- RFI noise immunity exceeds 30 V/m from 1 MHz to 1000 MHz.
- High immunity to line frequency noise.
- Adjustable OFF timer accuracy is determined by external components.
- When power is restored after an outage, the load will be OFF and motion will be ignored for 25 seconds.
- Operating chip voltage is 4.7 – 15V.
- Operating chip current is typically 300 uA.
- Chip is ESD protected to more than 1000 V (human body model)